Sunday 3 November 2013

Colour Contour Face Charts

This face chart was inspired by Analogous Colours. I combined the colour's red orange and yellow to create this design. The Elizabethan makeup was known to have red lips and cheeks so I thought using this colour on this would be perfect to go on these exact features. I applied yellow to brighten up the eyelids as the Elizabethan's also liked to have bright eyes and also applied orange and yellow on the eyebrows to add more to the 'bright' trend. I used my Kryolan face paints on the lips eyes and eyebrows, and used illamasqua powder blusher on the cheeks.
This face chart is inspired by the Neutral Colours. These colours are black grey and white. To highlight the Elizabethan trends I left the base of the face white as Elizabethan's would have pale skin and made the lips black to match the 'dark lips' idea and blushed the cheeks and eyes with grey. I also put a thick line over the top of the eyelids to match the 'dark eyes' Elizabethan's would have. I used Gosh and Bodyshop eyeshadows as well as Kryolan face paints to create this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment